Thursday, April 7, 2011

In the Now


Well, another spur of the moment trip! I am flying home exactly thirty days from today, and I plan on making use of every last minute I have here. It is impossible to know if I will ever again have the life I have right now, where I can decide on a whim to go to Athens, Greece and successfully buy fairly cheap tickets the day before my departure. In thirty days, I have to face reality again, which means working my butt off to refill my nearly empty bank account, a month of summer courses to ease my conscience a bit that I can still graduate on time, and then senior year. Yes, senior year of COLLEGE. Don’t ask me where the time went because, well, I have absolutely no idea.

But enough of thinking about the future, which is something I have found myself doing all too much throughout my life. Living in Bulgaria the past three months has taught me that living in the present is what is important, so with that useful insight, I’m off to Athens on an 8:00pm bus tonight, and for the next three days, I’m going to enjoy the beautiful Greek sunshine, the one-of-a-kind history, and the Aegean Sea… because who knows if I’ll ever make it back to a place like Greece.

No comments:

Post a Comment